Vegan version of the Portuguese traditional Christmas light and fluffy doughnut like pastries that melt in your mouth!Yummy!
Pumpkin puree (280 g)
All purpose flour (140 g)
Fresh yeast (5 g)
Orange (juice from 1 orange)
Coconut sugar (25 g)
Coconut sugar and cinnamon for topping
Oil to fry
1) Add the pumpkin, juice, yeast and sugar and mash it (whit your hands) until reaches a smooth and even consistency.
2) Add the flour and mix it in well. Let it rest for 1 hour.
3) Use a tablespoon and begin to knead the dough into balls for frying. If
the dough does not have a strong enough consistency, add some more flour
and knead it in accordingly.
4) Pour a 5 cm layer of oil into a frying pan and begin frying the
balls. Usually it takes about 1-2 minutes on both sides until they are
5) Once they are all done and fried, cover the fried cakes with sugar and cinnamon.