Friday 17 January 2014

Vegan Pumpkin Pie

 I hope you all had a great start into the new year! It's been a while since my last post and one of the reasons for my absense it's the vegan retreat that I'm preparing... I'll post more details in the next days. Meanwhile enjoy this vegan treat!


Makes 1 pie:
Vegan pie crust (250g)
Pumpkin (2 cups - pureed)
Coconut milk (1 cup)
Dark muscovado sugar (1 cup)
Cornstarch (3 tbsp)
Cinnamon (1 tsp)
Ginger (1 tsp - ground)
Nutmeg (1/4 tsp - ground)

1) Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2) Combine pumpkin, coconut milk, sugar, cornstarch and spices in a large bowl, and mix very well.
3) Pour into unbaked pastry shell, and bake for about 60 minutes.
4) The pie will firm up as it cools.
5) Cool completely and refrigerate before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment